Russ-Eft, Darlene F., Bober-Michel, Marcie J., Koszalka, Tiffany A., Sleezer, Catherine M. (2013). Fieldbook of Evaluator competencies. Charlotte, NC : IAP.
A volume in The ibstpi Book Series
The book, Evaluator Competencies: Standards for the Practice of Evaluation, details the development and validation of evaluator competencies by the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance, and Instruction (ibstpi).
Developing an understanding of the ibstpi Evaluator Competencies may not be sufficient for individuals to determine how to improve their, or their colleagues’, competencies. This Fieldbook provides additional information, resources, and tools to assist those who want to improve their own competencies or those who want to help other individuals improve.
Thus, the goals for the present companion volume are:
- To provide additional practical information in each of the four evaluator domains (i.e., professional foundations, planning and designing the evaluation, implementing the evaluation plan, and managing the evaluation).
- To present practical tools and resources that support specific evaluator competencies, whether as an internal or an external evaluator.
- To offer practical insights on the evaluator competencies from experienced evaluators.
- To provide practical evaluation exercises and resources that can be used with undergraduate and graduate courses.
Overview and Purpose
DOMAIN: PROFESSIONAL FOUNDATIONS
- Communicate Effectively in Written, Oral, and Visual Form
- Choosing an Evaluator
- Demonstrate Effective Interpersonal Skills
- Observe Ethical and Legal Standards
- Demonstrate an Awareness of the Politics of Evaluation
DOMAIN: PLANNING AND DESIGNING THE EVALUATION
- Develop an Effective Evaluation Plan
- Develop a Management Plan for the Evaluation
- Devise Data Collection Strategies to Support the Evaluation Questions and Design
- Pilot Test the Data Collection Instruments and Procedures
DOMAIN: IMPLEMENTING THE EVALUATION PLAN
- Collect Data
- Analyze and Interpret Data
- Disseminate and Follow Up the Findings and Recommendations
DOMAIN: MANAGING THE EVALUATION
- Monitor the Evaluation Plan
- Work Effectively With Personnel and Stakeholders About the Authors .
Publication Date: 2013
ISBNs: Paperback: 9781623964429
Trim Size: 6.125 X 9.25
Page Count: 108
Subject: Education, Higher Education, Evaluation
BISAC Codes: EDU000000 EDU007000 EDU037000