Professor and Chair, Graduate School of Instructional Systems
Kumamoto University, Japan
Term of Office: 2007 – Present
- 1987 Ph.D in Instructional Systems, Florida State University, U.S.A.
- 1984 M.S in Instructional Systems, Florida State University, U.S.A.
- 1981 B.A. International Christian University (Education Major), Japan
Selected Work Experience
- 2006-Present Professor and Chair, Graduate School of Instructional Systems, Kumamoto University, Japan
- 2006-2009 Lecture-in-Chief, Graduate School of Educational Development, Open University Japan
- 2001-2005 Graduate School of Software and Information Science, Iwate Prefectural University, Japan
- 1988-2000 Faculty of Liberal Arts, Tohoku Gakuin University, Sendai, Japan
- 1984-1987 Research Assistant at Center for Educational Technology, Florida State University, U.S.A.
- Japan Society for Educational Technology: Board of Directors, Board of Editors, Chair of National Conference Program Committee (2005-2006)
- Japan Society for Educational Media Studies: President (2013-2015), Co-Editor-in-Chief (2007-2012), Adviser to Editors-in-Chief (2013-present) for International Journal of Educational Media and Technology, jointly published with Korea Association for Educational Information and Broadcasting
- Japan Society for Information and Systems in Education, Board of Directors, Chair of National Conference Program Committee (2007-2008)
- Japan Society for Instructional Systems in Healthcare, Board of Directors
- Member of AECT, ASTD and AACE
- 1997 Distinguished Alumnus Award, Florida State University, U.S.A.
- 1992 Young Researcher Award (Japan Society for Educational Technology)
- 1988 Robert M. Gagne Instructional Development Research Award, AECT
- 1987 Gagne-Briggs Outstanding Student Award, Florida State University, U.S.A.
- Online learner Competency Development Team
- 2007-2009 Membership Director
- Instructional design theories and models
- Curriculum design for E-Learning professional development
- Instructional design and technology for international corporation
- Suzuki, K, & Tada, N.(2009). A Layers-of-Quality model in online course design: The Five-E Model. International Journal for Educational Media and Technology: 3(1), 92-103
- Suzuki, K (2009). From Competency List to Curriculum Implementation: A Case Study of Japan’s First Online Master’s Program for E-Learning Specialists Training. International Journal on E-Learning: 8(4), 469-478
- Ito, T., & Suzuki, K(2008). Development of an effective and subtainable system for ID training: Proposing a strategy model of Training of Trainer (ToT). Educational Technology Research, 31(1-2): 13-24.
- Tokumura, T., Maekawa, T., and Suzuki, K(2007). An action plan introduction method for ICT skills training improvement (translation). Educational Technology Research, 30(1-2): 65-74.
- Muranaka, Y., Takahashi, M., and Suzuki, K(2007).Task aalysis of interpersonal communication skills and development of an Egogram-based diagnositc system (translation). Educational Technology Research, 30(1-2): 75-86.
- Jung, I. S. & Suzuki, K (2006). Blended learning in Japan and its application in Liberal Arts Education. In C. J. Bonk, & C. R. Graham (Eds.), The Handbook of Blended Learning Environments. Pfeiffer, 267-280 (Chapter 19).
- Visser, J. & Suzuki, K (2006). Designing for the world at large: A tale of two settings. In R. A. Reiser, & J. V. Dempsey (Eds.), Trends and issues in instructional design and technology (2nd Ed.). Pearson Education.
- Hishina, M., Okada, R. and Suzuki, K (2005). Group Formation for Web-Based Collaborative Learning with Personality Information, International Journal on E-Learning, 4 (3), 351-364.
Graduate School of Instructional Systems