Foxon, M., Richey, R. C., Roberts, R., & Spannaus, T. (2003). Training Manager Competencies: The standards (3rd Ed.). ERIC Clearinghouse on Information and Technology, Syracuse, NY.
In this third edition of “Training Manager Competencies: The Standards,” the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction (IBSTPI) presents an updated definition and discussion of the competencies of training managers.
It is an expanded view that reflects the complexities and pressures of current practice and technological advancements. It also reflects the globalization of the training and performance field and the global responsibilities of training managers.
This book is intended to contribute to the training and performance knowledge base and enhance the performance of all training managers in their key roles, benefiting those who work for them and, ultimately, the employees, customers, organizations and associates who learn and improve their performance as a result of the efforts of a professional training organization.
The book contains the following chapters:
- Introduction: The Training Manager Today
- The 2003 IBSTPI Training Manager Competencies and Their Development
- Discussion and Analysis
- Use of the Training Manager Competencies
- Applications for Special Training Manager Roles
- The Competency Validation
- Appendices include:
- “IBSTPI and Its History”
- “The 1989 IBSTPI Training Manager Competencies And Performance Statements”
- “The IBSTPI Code of Ethical Standards for Training Managers”
- a list of professional associations for training managers. (Contains 91 references)